Friday, January 7, 2011

Yummy Sandwich

Ok, so here's what I'm having for lunch which will fill me up for a good 4 hours. I love this sandwich - especially if I can use the fresh herb salad, but that gives next to nothing nutritionally, so it's spinach leaves today:

Arnold Sandwich Thins are kind of key. For a bread LOVER - seriously, I used to jut sit and eat an entire 32 oz loaf of bread from Pagani's with the roasted garlic smeared over it like butter - awesome! Ok, so I can vouch for these sandwich thins, although I was super skeptical - seriously, where's all the bread. But they're only 100 calories. This whole sandwich is 401 calories. It will sustain you and fill you up - guaranteed.

So instead of butter (my personal favorite condiment) use 1/2 of an avocado and just spread it on both sides. spinach instead of boring lettuce, a Roma tomato and some kind of tasty cheese. I have onion dill right now. The last thing is shaved ham. Now, I am a BIG proponent of going to a butcher - it's just better tasting. But get shaved anything because you use less, but because it piles high, it seems like more so your eyes trick your stomach. two slices of ham sliced looks piddly compared to two slices shaved. Put together and there ya go - enjoy!!

If you're a BLT lover, substitute spinach for lettuce - extra fiber helps get rid of the buldge we're all working on this month. Also instead of mayo (I hate mayo anyway) use the super fruit: avocado. Also a thing to eat this month. Use the pre cooked bacon - thinner and you can get them super crispy in the microwave. Less grease and the calories are right there so you can see how many pieces you want to eat - and they don't smell up your house quite as much as regular - wonderfully tasting bacon. LOVE bacon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment