Monday, January 3, 2011

Forgot...

So...I forgot to do the ab workout until 15 minutes ago. I'm done. It only took 4 songs. One tip, for the first alphabet ball thing, use dumbbells to hang on to rather than simply being in push up position with your feet on the ball. I have funky wrists anyway, but they were in so much pain after the letter, "D" that I had to make a change. I will say it does make it a little easier because your upper body is more stabilized because of the weights, but you'll still feel it. Remember to keep your abs tight. Stand against a wall and flinch your muscles like someone punched you. Go ahead, punch yourself because you're going to anyway. That's what your abs should be like all the time. Don't suck in and don't push out because you'll never get rid of the pooch that way. Sucking in doesn't allow you to breathe and also doesn't allow for equal representation of your abs. You want to work out more of your abs so as not to have to do as many, so don't suck in. Also, not tightening and/or pushing your abs out will, for a lack of a better way of putting it, make them grow that way. Not saying I don't have a pooch - I still do and for my body, unless I'm doing interval training while running, I will always have a pooch. The only thing that gets rid of it for me is putting my body through agony by sprinting and then jogging, then sprinting then jogging, and so on until my running partner, Tiece, says to stop - the most glorious words ever, "And we're done."

2 comments:

  1. So I need to put you through some interval workouts and you need to put me through some ab and random other muscle workouts :) Together, we can conquer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am in need of interval work, but seriously, isn't there and inside trak we can run somewhere? I only need to do intervals for like 3 miles and I'm good. The best/worst episode we did was where we sprinted for 30 seconds, jogged for whatever it was (not long enough) and then sprinted for 60 seconds and then jogged for whatever it was and then sprinted for 90 seconds and repeated that until we were at 3 miles. That was awful, but so good. Then when we're done you and I will do mounds of pushups and situps in 30-6-90 intervals. Wouldn't that be grand?

    ReplyDelete